Friday, August 27, 2010

And Away We Go!


Time for another Friday's Fave Five week in review.  I'm rather late today in getting mine up on the blog so I'll try to be brief.


1.  I finished my crocheted prayer shawl.    I don't know who this is going to yet but I'm sure that God has just the right person in mind to receive it.  I just have to keep my eyes and ears open to find out who that is.


 2.  I received THREE of my fiber club shipments this week.  They include my first shipment from Southern Cross Fibre, a gorgeous offering from Bee Mice Elf,  and another great fiber from Spunky Eclectic.  Can't wait to spin these up.


3.  Our daughter and son-in-law came up this past weekend with their dog for a visit.  We had fun dogsitting while they visited Cabelas' sale and then we all went out to eat (well, the dog had to stay home with Fresca, the Wonder Dog).


4.  Mika's package arrived in Indonesia.  This means she has new books to enjoy plus a new stuffed toy.  But poor little Eyore was gutted by the Customs folks before the package was delivered.  I guess they wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to smuggle any drugs inside him.  At least they partially stitched him back together before putting him back in the box.  Looks like he's none the worse for wear and Mika is enjoying him quite a bit.


5.  Last, but not least, I have my tickets now for my trip to visit Jason, Laura, and Mika.  I'll be flying via Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific Airlines, which just happens to be one of the top 5 rated airlines in the world.  I'm looking forward to enjoying their hospitality.

What are your five highlights for the week?  Head over to Susanne's blog at Living to Tell the Story and join in our Fave Five fun.

7 comments:

Willow said...

Hurray for the tickets! I know you can't wait for your trip! (Do you want me to send you suggestions for restaurants? Of course that depends on where in the big city the kids live.)

Oh that fiber...drooling...

momma24 said...

What a great list!

Gattina said...

Crazy they cut off a toy ?? these drug checkings are becoming worse and worse ! You will have a very long flight !

Karyn said...

You must be SO EXCITED! Having the tickets in your hand would make it so real. When do you go again? December? Or am I way out?

The prayer shawl is gorgeous! I love the blue and the white scallops look like lace. YOu are so talented, Dee.

Can't wait to see what you spin up with those exciting colors of fibre!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Fresca is such a cute doggie! Hooray for your tickets -- what a great trip to look forward to.

Can't wait to see what you spin up with that luscious fiber.

Have a great week!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

You have to be SO excited about that trip -- that's great!

Fresca is such a cutie.

Love those new yarns (fibers? I don't know the lingo!) The middle one is my favorite.

Have a great week!

Susanne said...

How exciting, you get to go visit your granddaughter and family already!

Poor Eeyore. I'm glad they got him all stitched together again for Mika! :v)

Beautiful fibers. Love the colors in all of them.