Monday, October 25, 2010

Somebody Needs a Makeover

Sigh!  I guess you can call me shallow.  Yes, as much as I'd like to think that it's what is on the inside of a person that really counts, there are times when I just can't make it beyond the outward appearance of someone.  I'm currently in the midst of one of those times.

You see, we have a high-level political race going on right now in our state and one of the two candidates has these eyebrows that I just can't deal with.  I know, I know...it sounds really stupid but I'm telling you, I just can't seem to get beyond the guy's eyebrows.  The first time I saw one of his political ads on the TV, I actually sat up in my recliner and leaned forward and said to the Commander, "You have got to be kidding me!  Did he draw those eyebrows on with shoe polish?"   They are thick and dark and shaped exactly like the McDonald's golden arches. 

Wouldn't you think that his handlers would have realized how they look on television and done something to them?  Surely they could be tweezed or lightened or somehow reshaped so that he doesn't look like someone's toddler got a little too bold with Mommy's eyebrow pencil.

I was at a social gathering the other day and the conversation turned to politics.  Someone asked me who I was going to vote for.

"Well, I can tell you who I'm NOT going to vote for," I replied.  "The guy with the eyebrows."

I swear there wasn't anyone in the room who didn't know who I was talking about and I saw quite a few other heads nodding in agreement.

"I'm sorry," I went on, "but I just can't get past the eyebrows.  There's no way I want someone representing our state who looks perpetually surprised.  It's just unnerving."

Yup, call me shallow but I'm not voting for the eyebrows on Election Day.

No comments: