Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On Site and Ready to Spin


I headed out today to the Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast in Carlisle, PA for a 4-day fiber spinning workshop with one of my favorite spinning shop owners, Beth Smith from the Spinning Loft and one of my favorite knitting pattern designers, Anne Hanson






I've got my own room with private bath.  How lovely!  And I've only been dive-bombed by 2 stink bugs so far.  My friend, Linda will appreciate the fact that I just screamed very quietly when I saw them.  Usually, she has been my stink bug killer when we've gone to scrapbooking retreats but this time around, I have to be brave and get those buggers myself.  Ugh!


There's a little desk and a TV.  This week is a pretty momentous week for some of my TV shows so I might be tempted to retire early several nights to watch my shows but then again, if my hubby will PROMISE to DVR them for me, I'll try to concentrate on my knitting and spinning.


To help me keep that resolve, there's a lovely chair in the corner where I can curl up and knit.  I still am working on two sleeves for my Havre de Grace sweater and I might get a good bit of it done.  Then again, since we'll also be working on a lace shawl as part of our class, I might not get any of it done and just work on the shawl.

Time to call it an evening so that I'm wide awake tomorrow morning.  Breakfast is at 8 and then it's a full day of fibery delights.  Yippee!  And may I send any further stink bugs your way?

No comments: