Friday, August 04, 2006

Having my Cake and Eating it Too

When Jason asked me why I was going to go get my own birthday cake I said, "Honey, if I've learned anything in 57 years of life, I've learned that if you want something done right, you might as well do it yourself."

With my crew, I've learned that I can hint all I want but usually my hints fall by the wayside. So last year when I tasted the fantastic chocolate truffle cake from the Dingledein Bakery near us, I knew that I had to have it for my own birthday. With that in mind, Jason and I headed down to the bakery and bagged that baby and brought it back to the house. Let me tell you, I enjoyed every bite, even knowing that I'd be modeling it on my hips later.
You might as well live life with gusto.

"Happy birthday to me!"

No comments: