Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bringing it Up - Anytime, Anywhere


The little niblet and her mommy are arriving here today.  Of course, I can't stop talking about it.  It's quite amazing how I manage to bring the subject of my granddaughter up in conversation. 

At the dermatologist's office:
"I can't schedule that mole removal until late May.  You see, my granddaughter is coming up for a visit soon and I want to be in great shape to play with her."

At the lab:
"You're going to have to use a baby needle on me because I have terrible veins.  Speaking of baby....my little granddaughter is arriving this week for a visit." 

At the knitting shop:
"I might not have a lot of time to knit on this in the next few weeks since my granddaughter will be here and I want to be sure I spend as much time with her as possible."

At the grocery store:
"Those hot, spicy snacks aren't actually for me.  They're for my daughter-in-law.  She's coming up this week for a visit with our little granddaughter.  How old is she?  She's about 16 months old now and cute as can be."

At the bookstore:
"I know that I can read children's books on my Nook and my granddaughter would probably enjoy them but it will be so much more fun to let her hold the actual books when she is up here this week for a visit."

At the drugstore:
"I think this little basket will be the perfect size for an Easter basket for my little granddaughter, who will be coming up for a visit soon.  She'll be here over Easter and this will be the first year that we can do things like hunt for Easter eggs and hide an Easter basket."

Just give me an opening, no matter how small, and I'll work that baby into the conversation somehow.  I just can't seem to help it.  And I just can't seem to stop grinning as I do, either.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

LOL. You aren't looking forward to spending time with your granddaughter, are you?

I'm happy for you. And me.....We leave tomorrow!!