Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kanga, Roo, and Chatterbox, Too!


We had a fun Skype visit with Jason, Laura, Sweet Pea and Spud yesterday.  Sweet Pea had to show us her new Kanga and Roo.  She is enthralled with Winnie-the-Pooh and all the characters in the Enchanted Woods but especially fond of Kanga and little Roo.

On our end, the Commander had his OWN stuffed kangaroo that he had gotten when he was stationed with the Seabees way back when.  So we had fun having our kangaroo pop up on the monitor now and then.

In the meantime, little Spud wasn't letting us get many words in edgewise.  Spud has reached the babbling stage and boy, can that boy make some noise.  If pictures could talk, I think this is what he must have been saying:


"Huh, so what have we here?  Let me take a breath and assess the situation."




"Nana, Pawpaw, is that you?  Whoa.....what was that thing that popped up on the screen?  Hey, where'd it go?




"Daddy, let me go!  I want to play jumping jack on the keyboard."



"Aw, come on, Daddy!  I've got MOVES!  I've got places to go, things to grab."




"Hey, speaking of grabbing, I think if I REALLY stretch, I can grab this cord and give it a good pull."




"Gee, you guys have no sense of humor.  Just because Nana and PawPaw disappeared and the sound stopped, doesn't mean it was my fault.  Hey, Sis....can you stop sucking on that drink and help a brother out?"




"Whoa...is that a microphone?  I mean, seriously, can I play with that or at least use it as a teether?"




"Humph....these guys are no fun. Man, one of these days I'm going to start crawling and then I'm finding a tricycle and I'm out of here.....right out into the kitchen."


That's ok, Luke.  Next time you see Nana, we can race each other to the kitchen but I get first dibs on any desserts we find.  Until our next Skype visit......we love you!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Hahahaha. Those two are getting cuter every day!