Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Amazing Canine Vacuum


It's Feb. 29....and it only comes around once every 4 years.  I'm taking a break from the tooth drama to celebrate the fact that we might have our own little Leap Year baby in the family today.  My nephew and his wife are at the hospital now working at bringing that little one into the world.  Yay!

In the meantime, I thought I'd do some celebrating closer to home.  You see, this morning as I was up in our bedroom dressing, I noticed Fresca, the Wonder Dog going around the bedroom with her snout to the floor.  She seemed to be working away quite industriously at something.  Yup, she was "vacuuming" our rug by meticulously eating all the little flecks of fiber/dirt that show up on a bone-colored rug.  No wonder my rug always looks so good.  I often find myself wondering why it looks like it doesn't need vacuuming.  Apparently Fresca is my "maid du jour."

While I was marveling at my good fortune, Fresca disappeared from the bedroom and went into the Master Bathroom.  I could hear her snuffling around in there so I went in to check out what was going on.  By golly, she was doing the same thing to our two throw rugs in the bathroom.

How cool is this?  I have a dog who cleans for me?  Now if I could just train her to pick up a dust cloth and polish the furniture, I could have more time to knit.  Happy Leap Year!

No comments: