Friday, May 07, 2010

Fave Five From Texas

It's Friday once again and this Friday my Fave Fives are coming to you from the great state of Texas.  Yes, I'm down here in the Houston area today and so I think I really must come up with five highlights from the week that are Texas-related.  Of course, that isn't going to be hard to do for me because there isn't much about Texas that I can't find to celebrate so here goes.

1.  We have enjoyed the most spectacular weather for our Texas adventure so far.  I landed in San Antonio and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  The skies have been crystal clear and the breezes have been heavenly.  When I stopped at the Mission San Jose outside of San Antonio, it was a photographer's dream, with the blue, blue skies against the weather beaten stone facade of the mission.



2.  It's been great spending time with my sister-in-law, Rose.  Rose flew down from Detroit, Michigan to join me in San Antonio and then we both flew on over to the Houston area to meet up with my son, Jason and his family (including the cutest baby in the world.....my little grandbaby).


3.  I love scrapbooking and it was so much fun to be able to watch Jason and Laura open the book I created celebrating Mika's first four months of life.  What a treasure those memories captured on pages will be years from now.  And what a treasure it is to me to make more memories with Jason, Laura, and Mika.


4.  Speaking of treasures, spending time with my granddaughter is something I am treasuring.  I am so relieved that she isn't crying everytime she sees me, which it seemed like she was doing when she was at our house in February.  No, she has gotten past that really cranky stage and is such fun and SO grownup since I last saw her.  What a thrill to be able to take her on walks and read to her and just make her smile.

5

5.  Yes, my last Fave Five has got to be my little "Mika."  I wouldn't be a Nana worth my salt if I didn't put that little cutie on my list for the week.   OK, technically, she's already been on my list this week but that was for spending TIME with her.  This last fave is just her alone. What a joy she is.  That little smile is enough to melt the Polar icecaps.  I can't wait for her PawPaw to get to spend some time with her, too.

Visit Susanne's site at Living to Tell the Story to see what others are writing about for their Friday Fave Fives.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Its always wonderful to spend time with family.

Your granddaughter is adorable!

Islandsparrow said...

No wonder she's your favourite!! What a little cutie pie. Enjoy every minute with her and the family!

Happy weekend!

Susanne said...

I smile every time I see that head of hair on Mika. So cute!

That photo of the mission is gorgeous.

Jerralea said...

Mika is definitely a cutie. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time, and I love that photo of the mission!

Mary said...

What a sweetheart! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Awww -- a granddaughter. Sounds wonderful! Glad you have the time to enjoy her.

Your scrapbook was such a thoughtful idea.

Happy weekend!

Willow said...

You may count Mika as cutest baby born in 2010! My New Boy won for 2008 :) I would agree that time spent with Mika and her parents could count for two weeks worth of FFF!

Happy Mother's Day!

Mary said...

I'm just catching up with blogs. Thanks for the Sheep and Wool report and the TX tour. Have a wonderful weekend with that cutie-pie Mika!

Karyn said...

Mika is growing so much! And just getting cuter all the time!

I love how you talk about 'making more memories' with this precious family. I'm sure they will be held close in all your hearts.

Lisa notes... said...

I’ve never really visited Texas. Just passed through at airports. We’re thinking about going west this summer so maybe I’ll take my own trip to that great big state. You may it look appealing!