Saturday, May 15, 2010

Going on a Book Hunt


Poor little Mika was not a happy girl yesterday.  She had to go in for her next scheduled well-baby check which means another series of shots.  Ouch!  I can't blame her.  Her Nana doesn't like shots either but I tried not to let her know about that little prejudice of mine.


So today we're planning a fun activity to erase the blues from yesterday.  Mika's mommy tells me that the local public library is having their book sale today.  I think it sounds like a perfect way to spend some time with my grandbaby.


She already has shown that she really enjoys books.  After all, she comes from a long line of booklovers including her mommy, daddy, and grandparents.  Plus she has been having marvelous books read to her since she was a newborn.


So I think we're going to have a fun outing today, if only the weather will cooperate.  Houston has been assaulted with heavy rains and more is moving in today.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rain will move on quickly so that little Mika and Nana can go out and do some book hunting, tagging, and bagging.  Happy reading!

No comments: