Thursday, May 06, 2010

Growing a Reader


Books have always been important to my daughter-in-law, my son, and to me.  That's why they were introduced early on to my little granddaughter.  She's been read to since she was a newborn.  The benefits are starting to pay off.  This little gal really interacts with books beyond what you would think a 4-month-old would be doing.  Yesterday we were in the car and I noticed her staring quizzically at something.  I followed her gaze and saw that she was staring at a book that was upside down.


"I'm just not figuring this out," she seemed to be saying.  "Something is wrong here."


I flipped the book over and she seemed to be more at ease, settling back in her chair and studying the pages intently.

Then the distractions of Mr. Froggy's fingers proved to be too much for our budding reader and her attentions turned toward picking out which digit would be the tastiest.


Once she had her snack firmly in her mouth, she was back to studying the pages of her book.  Ah, yes.  She's a girl who takes after her Nana.  Snacking and reading!  It doesn't get much better than that.

1 comment:

Jan Hennings said...

ADORABLE!