Thursday, January 05, 2012

You Know You Want One

Well, once again I was perusing my latest issue of iPad and iPhone User Magazine and came across some nifty gadgets that I just HAD to share with you all.  This particular issue (issue 57) was their Gear Guide and it was loaded with lots of goodies.  I have no affiliation with any of these products.  Hmmm, in fact, I'm not even sure I'd want to be affiliated with them but I digress.



1.  The Hoodie Buddie  - I present to you the "Hoodie Buddie."  This ingenious hoodie sweatshirt has earbuds that are threaded through the hoodie and double as drawstring pulls.  The idea is that you wear the sweatshirt and stick the drawstring earbuds into your ears (I guess the hood can be up or down) and then you can listen away while out and about looking fashionably casual.  My fear would be that I'd forget I had the things stuck in my ears and go to pull the drawstrings and wham, out they'd fly.  If you want your own "Buddie", you can get one at  http://amzn.to/yZ3Gm4 and they come in assorted colors.


2.  The iMusic Hat - Closely associated with the concept of "wearable music accessories" is the iMusic Hat.  If you rock the knit cap look, you can wear one with embedded speakers in the ear areas and then listen to your music player without wearing earbuds.  Don't get too excited though.  The Amazon UK store is sold out of them and so is this site.  Apparently they are pretty popular.  Who knew?


3.  Eternal Fire App - Who doesn't love cozying up to a lovely fire in the fireplace especially now when the weather outside is frightful?  Hey, if you don't have a fireplace or even one of those nice electric fake ones, don't despair.  If you have an Apple smartphone, you can head on over to the iTunes store and get the "Eternal Fire" app for free and then sit and watch those crackling logs on your phone screen when the mood strikes.  Prop it up on the floor, uncork a bottle, snuggle up to your sweetie and I predict good times ahead. Let's just hope that you have a full charge.



4.  Mobile Phone Hoodie  - Speaking of smartphones, as much as we love our phones, have you ever thought to provide them with their own wardrobe?  No?  Shame on you!  Forget expensive cases.  Now you can dress your phone up in its own hoodie.    You can find one here.  If you're a sewer, you might already be thinking of alternative outfits for your right-hand gadget ("might" being the operative word).

I'm sure there are more indispensable gadgets out there and trust me, I'll be sure to find them.  What are you waiting for?  Go ahead....you know you want one.



1 comment:

Karyn said...

All I can say is "Oh my goodness"