Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

Even though I know I have this trip coming up to my brother's and I'm not even close to being ready to go, I have been captivated by my little Schacht Cricket loom and wanting to at least warp it.  Well, once I got it warped, I HAD to try a little bit of weaving.  I'm slowly getting the hang of it.  You can see where my edges were too loose at the beginning but are gradually getting more even.


I think once it is off the loom and I give it a good soak, things will even out a tad.  It's definitely a learning process but I'm pleased with the chance to learn on a small loom.  This morning I had to weave another 6-7 inches on it before it was time to head over to a friend's home for an all-day scrapbooking get-together.   I even took my camera to take pictures and completely forgot to do so.

When I left her house, I knew that I'd have to be a whirling dervish once I got home and really start getting things together for my trip, which is in two days.  Tomorrow I have several appointments which will eat into my day, plus I was planning to go over to see my mom and that will take a big chunk out of the day.  So imagine my consternation when I was nearing home and happened to glance down at the dashboard and noticed that the "Check Engine" symbol was lit.  I had to drive all the way back to the house and get the manual out of the glove compartment to check what the heck that symbol meant because it's not one I've seen lit up before.  Groan!

I made a quick call to the Commander and then a call to the Service Department and back I got into the car to head over to drop it off.  Poor hubby!  He had to come pick me up and now my car is sitting in the Repair Shop waiting to be checked out tomorrow.  This is NOT good.  He'll have to take me to my first appointment in the morning, which means he'll be working from home for a few hours and then I'll be stuck at home for the duration of the day and quite possibly be unable to get to my knitting class tomorrow evening, depending upon when the car is ready (keeping my fingers crossed that it WILL be ready).


In the meantime, I started packing and also gathering things for the road.  I'm going to be optimistic that this trip will begin on time.  And truly, I should be thankful that the problem popped up now and not on my trip.

(I forgot to post my Project 365 pic yesterday so you get two today.)

Project 365 - June 14, 2010 (Day 18)



Project 365 - June 15, 2010 (Day 19)

No comments: