Thursday, June 10, 2010

Doesn't Get Much Simpler

I love a simple recipe and if it is a crockpot recipe, all the better.  Here is what I'm making for supper tonight.  It doesn't get much simpler than this.  Tonight's meal is BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.  Here is how you fix it.

1.  Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the bottom of your crockpot.

2.  Slice up one medium onion and place the slices on top of the chicken breasts.

3.  Pour one bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce over the chicken.  Cook on Low for 8 hours.

4.  Take out the chicken breasts and shred the meat with a fork.  (I like to put the breasts in a mixing bowl and use two forks to shred it up.  It's usually pretty tender by then so it goes very quickly.)

5.  Dump the shredded chicken back into the BBQ sauce in your crockpot and you are ready to serve this on buns.

Usually I use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce but the other day I saw this new BBQ sauce in our local grocery store.  The name intrigued me so I decided to give it a try.  They had a sweet version and this Memphis original version.  Normally I'd go with the "sweet" every time but this time I decided to try this because I know the Commander would probably prefer this version.  I'll have to let you know tomorrow how it was.

Project 365 - June 10, 2010 (Day 14)


Still working on the prayer shawl quilt but at least now it is pinned and I'm quilting it.

No comments: