Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Hours of Photo Fun


I'll bet you didn't know that I once played hockey with the German hockey team, did you?  OK, actually I didn't.  But thanks to a really fun website, I'm right there in the thick of the action.  Have you discovered Photofunia yet?   


You can while away hours up on this site.  I do mean HOURS playing with all the different photos that you can pop your images into.  For one brief shining moment, you can even have the body of a 20-year-old (not to mention a male model by your side, eh?)


That will teach me to dress up like Cupid and sling those arrows around.

You can also put your photographs into images so that they look like charcoal sketches such as this one of our daughter holding her niece.

Or this one of little Mika.  Isn't it cute?  I love how the website can take a photograph and make it look like an artist's drawing.

In this effect, I chose a watercolor look.  I could have opted for Vintage, Oil Painting, or a host of other effects, as well.

With any of the many images, you are given the option of saving the image you make to your computer or publishing it to a site such as Facebook.  I think the easiest thing to do is save it to your computer and then post it to Facebook or your blog from there.  Oh yes, the website also lets you make avatars, too.

Head on over and check it out.  But you might find yourself ignoring the housework and other things on your "To Do" list because it's so much fun to play up on the site.

Project 365 - June 9, 2010 (Day 13)

 
Luscious strawberries sprinkled with a bit of sugar and ready for breakfast tomorrow.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

fun, fun, fun! I'm goingto check it out! I especially like the charcoal 'drawing' of Mika.