Thursday, March 03, 2011

Of Course There's a Taste Test!


I just pulled my fifth batch of cookies out of the oven.  They are Nestle's Toll House Ultimate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunk cookies and they are super delicious.  Ask me how I know!  Incidentally, I'm using my new Pampered Chef cooling rack for the first time and I love it.  By setting the cookies on this elevated rack, they are cooled and ready to be put into a container by the time the next batch is out of the oven.


Of course, there are always a few that crumble as I'm taking them off the cookie sheet because I'm usually too impatient to let them stand for a few minutes.  That's ok, though, because the "mistakes" are the ones that I just HAVE to taste test, just to make sure that they are going to be fit for human consumption.  Uh-huh!


Luckily, most of the cookies are making it into the container that I'll be taking to a scrapbooking retreat this weekend.  I say "luckily" because I just happened to glance at the clock and noticed that I should start cooking supper in about 30 minutes and here I've already eaten five cookies and have 3 more batches to bake.  Oy!  Time to button the lips, I'd say.

In the meantime, I'm happy to report that I've finished another square for my Great American Aran Afghan.  This one is the square designed by Ann Strong.  It was fun to knit up and pretty easy to do.  You just had to pay attention to what line you were on in the different charts.

OK, I think I'd better sign off and go create a few more "mistakes" for the Commander to enjoy when he gets home from work.

No comments: