Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Great Bed Caper


Jason had told me several days ago that he was picking up a King-sized bed from a friend of the family and would be swapping out the current bed in my guest bedroom for the new bed.  I had forgotten about it since I was quite happy with the one that was in there.  Well, tonight THIS suddenly appeared after supper.  It was BIG!


Jason, his brother-in-law, and his mother-in-law wrestled the mattress and box springs into the house.  Then there was a little creative juggling back and forth as Jason took pictures of the old bed for Craig's List before disassembling it and maneuvering the new bed into place, again with the help of family.  Laura helped him set up the frame and then he called in the rest of the crew to bring in the mattress and box springs into the room.


Wow, it's gigantic!  I told Laura to hop up on there to give us some perspective of how much room there was on that bed.  It's just little old me right now in the room so I'm going to have lots of room.  I told Laura that if I took up all that space, I definitely needed to go on a MAJOR diet.....maybe even have my stomach stapled.


We had some more fun posing for the blog pics and even Elizabeth, the bear had to get in the pictures.  I don't think she'll have to worry about getting squashed in this bed.  Guess there's nothing left for me to do tonight be put my GPS tracker on and head off to the bed.  If I get lost in it, hopefully I can send off a beacon and they can locate me in the morning.  Goodnight, All!

1 comment:

George said...

I noticed that Jason still has not hung the mirror that is sitting on the floor in the corner.