Monday, April 23, 2012

What Was in That Shot?


Spud went to the doctor today to get his next scheduled pediatric immunization.  I vaguely remember my children being miserable after getting their shots so I was expecting the worst when he'd return home.  Wow, was I in for a surprise.


If I hadn't known better, I'd have guessed that the shot had been pure adrenaline.  That boy was pumped.  Tonight, instead of winding down, this is how he was playing.


He grabbed a horse out of a puzzle and then crawled over to a chair and pulled himself up to a standing position. He looked over at Mommy and squealed to get her attention.


He got a response and squealed some more.


He banged the horse on the chair and squealed and shrieked with delight, checking to see if Nana was watching, too.


He was a wild man.  Spud was on a roll and the gleeful shrieks and squeals continued

                                            "I'm unstoppable, Nana, hear me roar!"




He took a breath and chewed on his horse for a bit.  Then he chewed on the arm of the chair.

"Huh?  What's that?  Do you REALLY think I am ready to be quiet?
"Stop right there, Nana!  This boy is just gathering more steam."

"Wheeeeeeeeeee!   Oh, oh.....getting a little whoozy here.  Bring out the oxygen, Nana."
It might be a LONG night!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

So cute.
They are so much fun when they are happy!