Friday, October 28, 2011

Freaky Friday Faves

It's Friday again and if predictions hold, this could be the start of a "Freaky Weekend" so I'm calling this post, "Freaky Friday Faves."  Yes, things are afoot for the weekend and I'm excited to see if they pan out.  But more on that in a minute.  Let's get started on five things that have or had me feeling blessed this week, shall we?






1.  Our little Mika - Isn't she sweet as a daisy in this picture?  It is always a joy to receive a weekly update on the grandchildren, especially since the update is accompanied by new pictures.  I can't wait until she gets here for Christmas.




2.  Our little "spud", Luke - Not to be outdone by his big sister, our grandson, Luke is getting cuter every day as well.  From the pictures we've seen, he seems to be quite the smiley boy and I have a feeling that this is indicative of a good-natured personality.  Boy, I can't wait to hold this little guy again.




3.  It looks like the new iPhone 4s is on its way to our house.  We got the notice yesterday that the Commander's new iPhone was enroute and due to arrive here today.  Since we ordered both phones on the same day, I'm hoping that means that mine will also be delivered today although so far, I haven't received any email to that effect.  Even so, I can live vicariously through his enjoyment of his new phone.  At least I have my new iPhone case here and all ready for my phone, when it arrives.




4.  Snow is in the forecast!  Yes, you read that right, folks.  They are predicting 3-6 inches of snow here in south-central Pennsylvania  for tomorrow afternoon.  This is October.  If the snow arrives as predicted, it will be the earliest appreciable snowfall on record in this area.  Could this be a harbinger of things to come this winter?


5.  Bad A__ Housecleaning - No, that's not me.  I just couldn't resist sharing this picture with you.  A friend posted it on Facebook. I don't know who to credit the pic to (so sorry for that) but just love the humor.  Wow, if I tackled my housecleaning like that, I almost think that dirt would cower before me, or at least run to the neighbor's house.  Sadly, I haven't reached this level of cleaning yet.


Do you have some highlights to share for this past week?  Why not blog about them and then jump over to Living to Tell the Story and click on Mister Linky to join the fun?

4 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

Mika is adorable! As is Luke. I bet you can't wait to get your hands on them again. I look forward to having grandkids someday.

I don't enjoy housecleaning like that either. ha. Wish I did though.

Willow said...

Your grandkids are adorable! That little guy has such a sweet smile.

I'll have to try that kind of housecleaning so the dirt will leave permanently :) I wish.

Enjoy your iphones :)

Karyn said...

Mika and Luke are getting cuter all the time! Thank God for the ability to 'watch' them grow and change via photos and skye!

Hope you weathered the snow storm OK. I was thinking of you!

Susanne said...

What adorable pictures of the grandkids.

Gotta love the picture of the housecleaning. Only in my dreams would that happen here. LOL.

Wow, I hope you didn't get that much snow this weekend. We've usually had a bit of snow by now, but so far good with nice weather.